Watch: Roma's Dybala makes mark in UEL final with slick goal
Instead of playing a reduced role in the Europa League final, Paulo Dybala starred for Roma in a losing effort against Sevilla.
After Roma boss Jose Mourinho said Dybala would only play 20-30 minutes due to an ankle injury, the Argentine surprisingly started the game and helped bring the match to life with a slick goal in the 35th minute after getting on the end of Gianluca Mancini's perfect through ball.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
Roma's narrow advantage lasted into halftime but was canceled out 10 minutes following the break after Mancini scored an own goal.
Sevilla ended up winning the contest on penalties to capture their record-extending seventh Europa League title.
- Braves, Rangers among finalists for 1st-ever Silver Slugger Team Awards
- O'Reilly: 'Not an easy decision' to leave Leafs for Predators
- Report: Ravens signing veteran LB Van Noy
- Packers' Watson expects to make 2023 debut vs. Lions on TNF
- Travis Kelce jersey sales jump nearly 400% after Taylor Swift appearance