Villarreal sign Algerian defender Mandi
Madrid, June 16, 2021 (AFP) - Experienced Algerian international centre-back Aissa Mandi has joined Villarreal on a four-year deal, the Europa League winners announced on Wednesday.
The 29-year-old, who has 62 caps for Algeria, signed until June 2025 after his contract at Real Betis ended.
Mandi made 28 appearances for Betis last season, scoring three goals and providing one assist. He joined the club from Reims in 2016.
Mandi will strengthen a Villarreal team led by Unai Emery who just lifted the first Europa League in their history in May after beating Manchester United in the final.
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home