Report: Atletico to sign De Paul from Udinese for initial €35M
Atletico Madrid are finally getting their man.
The Argentine star will sign a five-year contract with Atletico, Romano adds.
The 27-year-old, who's currently at the Copa America with Argentina, has developed into one of the most exciting and creative midfielders in Serie A since moving to Italy from his homeland in 2016.
A versatile playmaker who can play multiple positions, De Paul scored nine goals while racking up the same number of assists for Udinese in league play this past season.
Atletico beat out competition from multiple clubs for the player's signature, according to Romano.
With the possibility that Saul Niguez could leave the Spanish capital this summer, De Paul offers an ideal potential replacement. He can be a dynamic presence and is feisty enough to fit in on Diego Simeone's side.
- Report: Yankees make trade offer for Rockies' Story
- Report: Scherzer open to being traded by Friday's deadline
- Report: Nats getting plenty of interest in All-Star shortstop Turner
- Report: Brewers check in on Twins' Donaldson, Rockies' Story
- Nick Ritchie, Pius Suter among players who didn't receive qualifying offers