Report: Liverpool on verge of signing Brighton's Mac Allister
Liverpool aren't wasting any time overhauling their midfield with news that Alexis Mac Allister is close to completing a move to Anfield.
The Reds are in the final stages of signing the Argentina international from Brighton & Hove Albion after agreeing to a long-term contract with the 24-year-old, reports Fabrizio Romano of The Guardian.
The World Cup winner will put pen to paper on a deal that runs until June 2028, and he's due to have a medical over the next 48 hours.
Liverpool are aiming to complete the deal promptly after agreeing to pay Mac Allister's release clause, which, as Romano adds, is worth significantly less than the £60-million buyout amount previously reported.
Mac Allister still has two seasons left, plus an additional option year, on the Brighton contract he signed two weeks before the 2022 World Cup. He finished last season with 12 goals and three assists in all competitions for Brighton.
He's one of several transfer targets as Jurgen Klopp attempts to rebuild his squad after a disappointing 2022-23 campaign in which Liverpool failed to qualify for the Champions League.
- Mariners snap 4-game losing streak, beat Astros to stay in wild-card hunt
- Watch: Mariners fan hits Kirby after throwing ball on field
- Report: Warriors finalizing deal to bring WNBA team to Bay Area
- Braves score twice on Suzuki fielding error, overcome 6-run deficit to beat Cubs
- Chargers' Staley: Johnston's role will expand after Williams' injury