Man United's Eriksen could miss around 3 months with ankle injury
London, Jan 31, 2023 (AFP) - Manchester United midfielder Christian Eriksen is likely to be ruled out until early May by an ankle injury he suffered in the FA Cup win over Reading, the club said Tuesday
Eriksen left Old Trafford on crutches on Saturday after being caught by Reading striker Andy Carroll in the fourth-round tie.
The loss of the 30-year-old Danish playmaker is a blow for United who lie fourth in the Premier League and in the Champions League qualification places after a good run of form that only ended with the 3-2 defeat by leaders Arsenal on January 22.
United said in a statement: "Christian Eriksen is expected to be out of action for an extended period because of an ankle injury sustained in our FA Cup victory over Reading on Saturday.
"While investigations are continuing, initial assessments indicate that Eriksen is likely to be out until late April or early May."
United said "there is hope that Christian can return in time to play a role in the final stages of the campaign".
- Mets' Lindor secures 1st career 30-30 season with 3 HRs in doubleheader
- Where the Lillard trade leaves Bucks, Blazers, and Suns
- Jets' Saleh, players OK with Rodgers calling out team amid struggles
- Report: Dame expressed interest in Bucks, Nets prior to deal; Raps came close
- Saints' Kamara: 'It feels good to be back' after 3-game suspension