Report: Jesus on verge of joining Arsenal on 5-year deal
Terms were agreed after talks with Jesus' agent Marcelo Pettinati and two other representatives.
The 25-year-old, who scored 95 goals in 236 appearances after joining City from Palmeiras in 2017, is expected to lead an Arsenal attack that features talented young attackers in Eddie Nketiah - who recently signed a five-year contract extension - and compatriot Gabriel Martinelli.
It's understood Arsenal technical director Edu and manager Mikel Arteta were influential in getting the transfer over the finish line, Romano adds. Arteta previously worked with Jesus at Manchester City when he was an assistant coach under Pep Guardiola.
Jesus, who fills the void left by the departing Alexandre Lacazette, will become Arsenal's fourth signing of the summer, following Marquinhos, Matt Turner, and Fabio Vieira. The north London club has also been linked with a move for Leeds United winger Raphinha.
- Olave hauls in 1st TD catch in Saints' exhibition loss to Packers
- McKenzie strikes out career-high 14 as Guardians rally to beat White Sox
- Boone: Yankees 'should be ticked off' after shutout loss to Blue Jays
- Mac Jones solid, Panthers pause QB battle in Pats' preseason win
- Astros' Alvarez transported to hospital after feeling ill on field