Burnley-Tottenham postponed due to heavy snow at Turf Moor
Burnley, United Kingdom, Nov 28, 2021 (AFP) - The Premier League match between Burnley and Tottenham was called off a little under an hour before kick-off on Sunday because of heavy snow at Turf Moor.
Attempts to clear the pitch proved in vain as the undersoil heating struggled to cope and snow fell as quickly as it could be removed.
The announcement was made shortly after both sides had named their teams for the match in the northwest of England.
Antonio Conte's Spurs are seventh in the table while Sean Dyche's Burnley were seeking to move out of the relegation zone after being unbeaten in their past four matches.
- NHL Thursday player props: 3 volume shooters to target
- Report: Fangio interviews for Jaguars' coaching vacancy
- Report: Quinn staying with Cowboys despite head coaching interviews
- Report: Coyotes in advanced talks to share 5,000-seat rink with Arizona State
- Report: Bears hiring Colts' Eberflus as new coach