Mane steps up training regime as Bayern's PSG clash draws nearer
Munich, Germany, Jan 31, 2023 (AFP) - Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane trained with the ball for the first time in three months on Wednesday, two weeks ahead of the club's crucial Paris Saint Germain clash.
Mane, 30, took part in the Tuesday morning session, one week after his return to the training pitch.
Mane injured a tendon in his leg during his side's 6-1 win over Werder Bremen in November and required surgery that forced him to miss Senegal's World Cup campaign in Qatar.
Bayern travel to Paris for the first leg of the Champions League last 16 tie on February 14, with the return fixture in Munich on March 8.
Bayern manager Julian Nagelsmann previously said he "would not count on" the reigning African Player of the Year to be available for the first leg.
Mane, who arrived in Bayern from Liverpool in the summer of 2022, has scored 11 goals in 23 games in all competitions this year.
- Mets' Nimmo miffed by 'ticky-tack' pitch-clock violation strikeout
- NBA Finals betting: More of the same in Game 2?
- Red Sox, Refsnyder agree to 1-year extension through 2024
- Built for this: Jokic and Murray are the NBA's ultimate playoff duo
- Betts hits 2 HRs, Kershaw beats Yankees for 1st time in Dodgers' win