Bayern Munich ease into Women's Champions League group stage
Paris, Sept 29, 2022 (AFP) - Bayern Munich eased into the Women's Champions League group stage on Thursday as Germany forward Linda Dallmann scored twice in a comfortable qualifying 3-1 win over Real Sociedad.
The Bavarians sealed a 4-1 aggregate victory after a 1-0 success in last week's first leg.
Home side Bayern were two goals ahead inside 22 minutes thanks to Dallmann's double, effectively killing the tie.
Lea Schuller netted a third goal before Real Sociedad's Synne Jansen grabbed a consolation on the stroke of half-time.
Bayern booked their place the group-stage draw, to be held in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday.
The Germans have reached at least the quarter-finals in each of the last four seasons.
Earlier, Roma qualified for the competition proper for the first time by thrashing Sparta Prague 4-1 for a 6-2 aggregate triumph.
- Diamond Sports must pay full value of TV contracts to 4 teams, judge orders
- Lamb: I'm not distracted by potential contract extension
- Guardians to put Quantrill on IL with Civale, McKenzie coming back
- Agent expects Pettersson extension talks to begin this summer
- Scherzer's had enough of pitch clock: 'Why do we have to be so anal?'