Report: Kante signs €200M deal to join Benzema at Al-Ittihad
N'Golo Kante is the latest superstar to take his talents to Saudi Arabia.
The midfielder, who will leave Chelsea as a free agent, signed a two-year contract worth €100 million per year, Romano reports. The deal reportedly includes an option for an additional season.
Kante spent seven campaigns at Chelsea, where he won the Premier League and Champions League before numerous injuries interrupted the tail end of his spell at Stamford Bridge.
Saudi officials presented their offer, which reportedly includes image rights, commercial deals, and an investment portfolio, to Kante on Tuesday before the France International made his decision.
His France teammate Benzema joined Al-Ittihad on Tuesday in a deal apparently worth €200 million annually for the 35-year-old.
After Kante led Leicester City to an unlikely Premier League title in 2016, the talented midfielder played a starring role during France's World Cup-winning campaign in 2018.
- Key thoughts and analysis from Matchday 5 in the Champions League
- Watch: Spectacular Galatasaray goal puts Man United on brink of UCL exit
- Fernandes: Manchester United must be smarter in Champions League
- Arsenal fire 6 goals past Lens to reach Champions League last 16
- 'Motorbike' Bellingham stars again as Madrid take 1st with win over Napoli