Watch: Messi unleashes vintage strike in PSG's draw vs. Benfica
Lionel Messi did it again.
The Argentine superstar added to his long list of sensational Champions League strikes with a brilliant curling effort to give Paris Saint-Germain an early lead in a Group H affair against Benfica that ended 1-1 on Wednesday.
In opening the scoring for the visitors, Messi also became the first player to score a goal against 40 different teams in the Champions League.
(Available to view in U.S. only)
(Available to view in Canada only)
Benfica drew level just before halftime courtesy of a Danilo Pereira own goal.
- Key thoughts and analysis from Matchday 5 in the Champions League
- Ronaldinho wants Mbappe to win Ballon d'Or with PSG
- Euro 2024 draw interrupted by apparent sexual noises heard on stage
- Euro 2024 draw: Italy gets Spain and Croatia, tricky group for France
- UEFA reveals expanded Women's Champions League from 2025