Barcelona confirm agreement to sign Kounde from Sevilla
Barcelona announced Thursday that they reached an agreement in principle with Sevilla before the French center-back underwent his medical Friday ahead of the official signing of his five-year contract on Monday.
Barca will pay Sevilla €50 million plus add-ons, according to The Guardian's Fabrizio Romano. His buyout clause is set at €1 billion.
He was initially linked with a blockbuster transfer to Chelsea before Barcelona swooped in with a bid to keep the 23-year-old in Spain. Barcelona also beat Chelsea for the right to sign Brazilian winger Raphinha from Leeds United earlier this summer.
Kounde, who joined Sevilla from Bordeaux in 2019, made 32 league appearances for the La Liga outfit last season.
- Key thoughts and analysis from Matchday 5 in the Champions League
- Ronaldinho wants Mbappe to win Ballon d'Or with PSG
- Euro 2024 draw interrupted by apparent sexual noises heard on stage
- Euro 2024 draw: Italy gets Spain and Croatia, tricky group for France
- UEFA reveals expanded Women's Champions League from 2025