Klopp: Thiago could surprisingly be fit for UCL final
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Liverpool midfielder Thiago Alcantara could be fit for the Champions League final against Real Madrid despite missing training on Wednesday because of injury.
The Spain international came off in the 3-1 win over Wolverhampton on Sunday but Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said the problem “was not that bad.”
“He could be able to train tomorrow (Thursday)," Klopp said. "It’s surprisingly good (news).”
Another Liverpool midfielder, Fabinho, trained after missing the team's last three matches because of a hamstring injury.
Defender Joe Gomez, who has sat out the last two games with an ankle injury, also trained.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Ancelotti plans to retire after Real Madrid spell ends
- Messi snubbed as 30 finalists are unveiled for Ballon d'Or
- Seeds confirmed for 2022-23 Champions League group stage draw
- Barcelona finally register some new signings after selling more assets
- Benzema, Courtois, De Bruyne shortlisted for UEFA's best player award