Dortmund sign Adeyemi for reported €38M as Haaland heads for exit
The 20-year-old attacker finalized his move to the Bundesliga side after completing a medical Tuesday, putting pen to paper on a contract that runs until 2027.
Dortmund will pay €38 million plus add-ons to sign him, according to Fabrizio Romano of The Guardian.
"Karim Adeyemi is a highly talented, young German international who, through his strong finishing and incredible pace, will make a valuable addition to our attacking play," BVB sporting director Michael Zorc said.
Dortmund announced the transfer shortly after confirming they'd reached a deal in principle for Manchester City to sign Haaland this summer.
Adeyemi is Dortmund's third major signing going into next season. They announced in February that Niklas Sule agreed to move on a free transfer this summer from rivals Bayern Munich, and also sealed a deal for Nico Schlotterbeck to join from Freiburg.
Adeyemi scored 23 goals in 42 appearances in all competitions for Salzburg this season.
- Champions League final delayed amid chaotic scenes outside Stade de France
- Champions League final lineups: Thiago, Fabinho fit to start for Liverpool
- Paris turns red as up to 60,000 Liverpool fans arrive for UCL final
- Klopp: Real Madrid favorites 'because of experience'
- Ancelotti: Real Madrid close to achieving 'maximum' success