Eriksen 'fine under the circumstances' after health scare
Christian Eriksen made his first public comments since collapsing during Denmark's Euro 2020 match last weekend, telling Instagram followers he's doing "fine" and posting a picture with his thumb up from his hospital bed.
"Big thanks for your sweet and amazing greetings and messages from all around the world. It means a lot to me and my family," Eriksen wrote.
"I'm fine - under the circumstances. I still have to go through some examinations at the hospital, but I feel okay.
"Now, I will cheer on the boys on the Denmark team in the next matches."
Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest shortly before halftime during Saturday's Euro 2020 match against Finland. The Inter Milan star had to be resuscitated on the pitch before being taken to hospital in Copenhagen, where his condition was stabilized.
The match was suspended in the immediate aftermath of the incident but resumed later in the day, with Finland beating Denmark 1-0.
- 10 thoughts from this week's Champions League action
- European clubs call for talks with FIFA amid plans for biennial World Cup
- UEFA doubles prize money for women's Euro 2022
- UEFA raises 'serious concerns' about FIFA's insular World Cup plans
- Under-fire Koeman refuses to answer questions in Barca press conference