Nagelsmann irked by Bayern 'mole' leaking tactics
Bayern Munich coach Julian Nagelsmann expressed annoyance on Friday that there is a "mole" in his squad, after weekly magazine Sport-Bild revealed Bayern game plans earlier in the week.
"It annoys me. The person who leaks something harms each of the players, this is not the goal," Nagelsmann told a press conference two days before a Bundesliga away game at Leverkusen.
"Moles are a protected species so the search is very, very complicated. What is important to me is to be able to look at myself in the mirror. For this person, it will be hard to look in the mirror," Nagelsmann said.
On Wednesday, Sport-Bild published some of Nagelsmann's tactical diagrams.
"I'm thinking a lot about it because I ask myself: what is the purpose of the person leaking it, what are they hoping for? The motive is not clear to me," Nagelsmann said.
"It couldn't be for financial reasons. It makes it easier for the opponent"
- Sancho probably too expensive to keep, says Dortmund director
- Leverkusen move 10 points clear atop Bundesliga with 10 games to go
- Saturday in Bundesliga: Dortmund, Leipzig, Stuttgart win as UCL race heats up
- Blue cards absent from latest changes by football's lawmakers
- Bayern suffer another setback after 'panicky' draw at Freiburg