Report: Glen Davis targeted for Jake Paul's PPV event
Former NBA forward Glen "Big Baby" Davis could be entering the boxing ring.
Davis is being targeted to be part of Jake Paul's pay-per-view boxing event on Aug. 13, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Paul's Most Valuable Promotions was working on setting up a match between Davis and former Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders, but is now looking for a new opponent due to Sanders' commitment to the BIG3 basketball league, according to Charania.
Davis, 36, played eight seasons in the NBA from 2007-15 for the Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic, and Los Angeles Clippers. He also suited up for the BIG3, helping the Power win a championship in 2018.
Paul last fought in December, defeating Tyron Woodley via knockout. He has yet to announce a location or his opponent for the Aug. 13 event.
- NHL Watchability Rankings: The bottom 16
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series
- Panthers' Thielen: 'Little weird' preparing for game vs. Vikings
- Bucks favorites to win NBA title after landing Lillard
- Jason Kidd on Luka, Kyrie, and carrying Kobe's torch in women's sports