Triller in talks to rebook De La Hoya-Belfort for Thanksgiving weekend
Triller is planning to reschedule a boxing match between former world champion Oscar De La Hoya and ex-UFC titleholder Vitor Belfort for Nov. 27, CEO Ryan Kavanaugh told Ariel Helwani on "The MMA Hour" on Monday.
Kavanaugh relayed that Belfort said he's open to booking the fight on that date and the promotion is still in discussions with De La Hoya.
De La Hoya and Belfort were originally set to meet Sept. 11, but De La Hoya tested positive for COVID-19 and was replaced by Evander Holyfield. Belfort beat Holyfield by first-round TKO in the main event of the Triller Fight Club show in Hollywood, Florida.
That was Belfort's first combat sports appearance since he parted ways with the UFC in 2018 and his first boxing match since 2006. The MMA pioneer earned his first victory in over four years.
De La Hoya announced earlier this summer he would be coming out of retirement. The 48-year-old last fought against Manny Pacquiao in 2008, losing by stoppage.