Report: Mayweather-Paul generates over 1M pay-per-view buys
The exhibition boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Logan Paul cleared one million pay-per-view buys, sources told The Athletic's Mike Coppinger.
It also generated an estimated $50 million in revenue, a source told USA Today Sports' Josh Peter. The pay-per-view cost $49.99 on Showtime and Fanmio.
The bout went the full eight rounds with no winner declared Sunday at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Mayweather, one of the greatest boxers ever, stepped into the ring for the first time since finishing Tenshin Nasukawa during a 2018 exhibition bout. His last professional contest took place in 2017 against UFC star Conor McGregor.
The 44-year-old has headlined four of the five highest-selling pay-per-view cards in combat sports history, including his 2015 clash with Manny Pacquiao and the McGregor fight.
Paul, a YouTuber-turned-boxer, holds a 0-1 professional record after losing his debut to another internet personality in 2019.
- Report: Scherzer doesn't plan to veto trade with 10-and-5 rights
- Report: Nats getting plenty of interest in All-Star shortstop Turner
- Report: Brewers check in on Twins' Donaldson, Rockies' Story
- Nick Ritchie, Pius Suter among players who didn't receive qualifying offers
- Report: Panthers shipping Stralman to Coyotes