Nadal sets up 4th-round meeting with Auger-Aliassime
No. 5 Rafael Nadal moved into the fourth round at Roland Garros by beating Botic van de Zandschulp 6-3, 6-2, 6-4.
The 13-time champion said it was the best of his three wins this week, at least up until Van de Zandschulp crept back into the third set. Nadal in his on-court interview said he was disappointed to miss a break point that would have put him up 5-0.
Nadal's 301st win at Grand Slams means he will face ninth-seeded Felix Auger-Aliassime for a spot in the quarterfinals.
The Canadian advanced by beating Filip Krajinovic 7-6 (3), 7-6 (2), 7-5.
- Nadal begins quest for 3rd straight Grand Slam title with tough win
- No. 6 seed Auger-Aliassime knocked out of Wimbledon in 1st round
- Spit, 'disrespect' arrive at Wimbledon as tennis turns ugly
- 2021 Wimbledon runner-up Berrettini out with COVID-19
- Even Djokovic knew he wasn't at his best in Wimbledon return