Djokovic eases into 3rd round at Roland Garros
Novak Djokovic eased into the third round of his French Open title defense with a straight-set victory over Alex Molcan.
The top-ranked Djokovic defeated the 24-year-old Slovakian 6-2, 6-3, 7-6 (4) at Court Suzanne Lenglen.
Molcan was able to push Djokovic to a third-set tiebreaker but threw his racket down in frustration after hitting the ball into the net — his 34th unforced error — to fall behind 6-3 before Djokovic closed it out.
The 20-time Grand Slam champion next faces 32-year-old Slovenian Aljaž Bedene.
- Nadal begins quest for 3rd straight Grand Slam title with tough win
- No. 6 seed Auger-Aliassime knocked out of Wimbledon in 1st round
- 2021 Wimbledon runner-up Berrettini out with COVID-19
- Even Djokovic knew he wasn't at his best in Wimbledon return
- Kyrgios goes the distance to avoid upset in Wimbledon opener