Report: Maple Leafs invite Brad Boyes to training camp on tryout deal
Brad Boyes' NHL career has reportedly come full circle.
Boyes was drafted 24th overall by the Leafs in 2000. He scored 14 goals and added 24 assists in 78 games with the Florida Panthers last season.
The Mississauga, Ont. native joins Devin Setoguchi and Curtis Glencross as veteran forwards who have received tryout invitations from Toronto.
His best seasons came as a member of the Blues, where he notched a 43-goal season in 2007-08, and a 33-goal campaign in 2008-09.
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers