Gaborik expected to be out 8 weeks after back surgery
Marian Gaborik went under the knife, and he'll likely need a couple of months to recover.
Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said team doctors advised them that players have been able to resume full training as soon as eight weeks after this type of procedure.
Gaborik visited a back specialist, who recommended the surgery.
Ottawa has been eliminated from playoff contention and has only two regular-season contests remaining.
Gaborik is under contract with the Senators for three more campaigns after this one at a cap hit of $4.875 million.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins