Pelicans' Davis: Warriors 'came out and said it was going to be a scrimmage game'
Maybe the fact that the Warriors apparently approached the potential first-round preview like a scrimmage had something to do with that.
"They came out and said it was going to be scrimmage game," Davis says in the video above. "We kind of took that personal. We just tried to come out and play. They said what they said. You try to worry about us and what we're going to do to try to win this game."
Davis wouldn't name names.
"I don't know who said it. We don't want to be this pushover team, guys come in and do whatever they want. That's how we look at ourselves."
For what it's worth, Anthony Davis wasn't the first to note the scrimmage talk on Tuesday.
"We feel real good about beating the best team in the NBA," said Pelicans head coach Monty Williams after the game. "They played tonight. They didn't rest their guys. They went after it."
- With h/t to CBS Sports
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury
- Kerfoot, Bunting help Maple Leafs defeat Senators
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS