GIF: van Persie scores ridiculous diving header for Netherlands
This is the goal of the World Cup so far: Robin van Persie tied it up for the Netherlands in their opener against Spain with this magical diving header. He also made a little history, according to ESPN. The goal was 17 yards - the longest headed goal "measured at a World Cup" since 1970.
The match was tied 1-1 at halftime.
He also wins for high-fives:
Please, do not go overboard with your Flying Dutchman jokes.
- Saudi Arabia likely to host 2034 World Cup after Australia declines bid
- Morocco, Portugal, Spain to host 2030 World Cup, 3 games in South America
- Messi: Maracana crowd trouble 'could have ended in tragedy'
- Messi World Cup shirts expected to fetch over $10M at auction
- Messi wins record-extending 8th Ballon d'Or on back of World Cup triumph