Hamelin makes history with 5000m relay gold in final Olympic race
Short track speedskater Charles Hamelin cemented his place among Canada's greatest Olympians with a gold medal in the men's 5000m relay Wednesday - the final race of his remarkable Olympic career.
Hamelin now has six career Olympic medals, tying him with long track speedskater Cindy Klassen as Canada's most decorated Winter Olympian. He also matched sprinter Andre De Grasse as Canada's most decorated male Olympian.
Additionally, Hamelin owns four gold medals, tying him with women's hockey stars Hayley Wickenheiser, Caroline Ouellette, and Jayna Hefford for most gold medals in Canadian history.
The 37-year-old Hamelin broke his own Olympic short track record as the oldest medalist in history. He's also the first male short track speedskater to win a medal at five different Olympics.
- Fields not worried about future with Bears: 'Focused on what I can control'
- Joel Embiid scores season-high 50 points, 76ers beat Wizards
- Ex-Jaguars financial manager accused of stealing more than $22M
- Bane scores career-high 49 points, Grizzlies deliver Pistons 18th straight loss
- Ex-NFL player Sergio Brown pleads not guilty to killing mother