Canadiens ask Kassian to not report to AHL 'until further notice'
Zack Kassian won't be playing in the American Hockey League. Not yet, anyway.
The NHL's roster freeze runs through midnight on the 27th.
The IceCaps have been off since the 16th, which is why Kassian's yet to report. The club returns to action Saturday.
Kassian broke his foot after he was involved in a car accident as a passenger in September. He entered the league's substance abuse program shortly thereafter.
The right winger will turn 25 on Jan. 24. He's yet to play a game with the Canadiens, and had 10 goals and six assists with the Vancouver Canucks last season.
- Kane: Would've been 'tough to say no' if Blackhawks wanted me for life
- Shesterkin makes 41 saves, Rangers top Stars for 8th straight win
- Report: Penguins listening on all non-core players
- Buy, sell, or sit? Choosing deadline directions for fringe playoff teams
- Ranking top candidates to be dealt before deadline