Report: No hearing or suspension for Canadiens' Beaulieu
Beaulieu was assessed a match penalty in the dying seconds of the third period Saturday for a perceived attempt to injure.
All match penalties are reviewed by the NHL's Department of Player Safety, carrying a one-game suspension unless the league elects otherwise.
Given Rinaldo's history and the fact the game was out of reach, the Canadiens may have argued that Beaulieu was simply trying to protect himself.
- Zegras leaves preseason game with upper-body injury
- Forwards Jarnkrok, Kerfoot play defense for injury-riddled Leafs
- Blue Jackets sign Peeke to 3-year extension with $2.75M AAV
- Back with Wild, Fleury welcomes big workload as clear No. 1
- 'We're not planning on just winning one': Avs set to launch Cup defense