Lundqvist expected to be re-evaluated in the next week
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News offers an update on Lundqvist's status:
If all goes according to plan, Lundqvist will be re-evaluated in the next week or so and hopefully cleared for more aggressive rehab. After the trade deadline passes and the Rangers host Nashville that March 2 night, they will play four straight on the road, running up to a March 15 game against the Florida Panthers at the Garden.
Lundqvist suffered the vascular injury after being hit in the throat by a shot during a 4-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Jan. 31. He remained in the game and played one more contest before being ruled out for at least three weeks.
The Rangers are 6-1-2 in his absence with Cam Talbot taking on the bulk of the workload, so it's unlikely they will look to add a goaltender before the deadline.
Lundqvist is expected back before the playoffs.
- Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull dies at 84
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's best player not attending the All-Star Game
- NHL Monday best bets: Jets to rebound vs. struggling Blues
- Surprising Kraken relishing rise in thick of playoff race
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss