Maple Leafs' Lupul out indefinitely due to broken hand
Joffrey Lupul is out indefinitely after breaking a bone in his right hand during practice Thursday.
Lupul was not on the ice for the Toronto Maple Leafs' pre-game skate ahead of Friday's meeting with the Columbus Blue Jackets, leading to speculation he would not play. The Maple Leafs official Twitter account confirmed Lupul's absence shortly after.
The oft-injured veteran missed one game with a leg injury last Wednesday and has gone five games without recording a point. He fired a season-high nine shots in Tuesday's game against the Buffalo Sabres after he was moved onto a line with Phil Kessel.
Tyler Bozak will be an alternate captain in Lupul's absence.
- Marner: Matching Leafs' point-streak record was a 'special moment'
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- NHL Thursday best bets: Flames to heat up vs. Canadiens
- Kings' Petersen loaned to AHL after clearing waivers
- Draisaitl, McDavid help Oilers hand Blackhawks 8th straight loss