Canucks 1st-rounder Pettersson joins elite company during record-breaking SHL playoffs
Naslund. Backstrom. Forsberg. Sedin. Pettersson.
Yup, you can pencil in Elias Pettersson's name in with some of Sweden's all-time players.
Pettersson has 10 goals and 19 points in 13 playoff games, setting another SHL record for points in a single postseason by a U20 player, according to Elite Prospects.
When you combine the regular season and the postseason, the numbers are that much more impressive.
He also appears to have the clutch gene, showing incredible poise with a defender draped all over him to score the SHL Championship-winning goal. He was named SHL Playoff MVP for his efforts.
Drafted fifth overall by the Canucks in 2017, Pettersson - who turned 19 last November - could announce his presence in North America with authority next season.
Canucks fans have every reason to be giddy about this kid.
- Lambert frustrated after Isles fumble lead vs. Sharks: Losing that game 'is sin'
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Hill showing Cup run was no fluke
- NHL hot topics: Debating Leafs' D targets, coaches on hot seat, more
- Bettman concerned arena for 2026 Olympics won't be ready
- Wild stay hot under Hynes as Boldy's 3-point night extinguishes Flames