Blues trade up to select former 2014 1st-round pick Conner Bleackley
The Blues gave up a 2017 fifth-round pick for the selection.
Bleackley was originally drafted 23rd overall by the Colorado Avalanche in 2014. In February, the Avalanche traded him to the Arizona Coyotes as part of the deal that saw Mikkel Boedker swapped for Alex Tanguay.
The 20-year-old reentered this year's draft after the Coyotes announced they wouldn't sign him. He's coming off his third full season with the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League, where he had 13 goals and 46 points in 55 games.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken