Pro Football HOF welcomes Class of 2022 in enshrinement ceremony
The Pro Football Hall of Fame immortalized eight former NFLers during Saturday's enshrinement ceremony in Canton, Ohio.
The Class of 2022 features Richard Seymour, Tony Boselli, LeRoy Butler, Bryant Young, and Sam Mills, as well as Cliff Branch (seniors category), Dick Vermeil (coaching category), and Art McNally (contributors category).
Seymour, Boselli, and Co. put on their gold jackets and unveiled their Hall of Fame busts Saturday, giving fans some unforgettable moments. Here are the event's main highlights:
Defensive lineman, New England Patriots-Oakland Raiders, 2001-12
Offensive tackle, Jacksonville Jaguars, 1995-2001
Safety, Green Bay Packers, 1990-2001
Defensive lineman, San Francisco 49ers, 1994-2007
Young then delivered one of the day's most special moments.
Linebacker, New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers, 1986-1997
Melanie Mills had a beautiful speech to honor her late husband Sam, who died in 2005 at the age of 45.
Wide receiver, Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders, 1972-86
Head coach, Philadelphia Eagles-St. Louis Rams-Kansas City Chiefs, 1976-82/1997-2005
NFL official, 1959-67
- Jonathan Taylor ruled out for TNF vs. Broncos
- Saints' Kamara expects to return in Week 5 vs. Seahawks
- Protester tackled by Rams' Wagner files police report over incident
- Fantasy Podcast: New-look backfields, optimistic offenses, trade targets
- Burrow, Bengals rebound now that offensive line has found its footing