Kassian clears waivers, sent down by Canadiens
Kassian officially entered the follow-up phase of the league's Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program when he was placed on waivers Tuesday.
He was suspended without pay at the outset of the season, his first with the Canadiens, after being involved in a car crash as a passenger during training camp early one morning.
He broke his foot in the crash, an injury that's presumably healed considering his minor-league assignment.
- Matzek savoring Braves' run: 'I was out of baseball in 2017'
- Report: Barkley likely out until Week 9 with ankle injury
- Report: Washington's Fitzpatrick not expected back before Week 10
- Report: Gray likely seeking 3- or 4-year deal after turning down Rockies offer
- Report: Goff not in immediate danger of losing starting job