Watch: Vlad Guerrero Jr. hits 1st pro HR in front of dad
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. made his dad proud Friday when he hit the first professional home run of what's hoped to be a long and prosperous career.
With Vlad Sr. in attendance, the 17-year-old Vlad Jr. hammered a deep drive, reminiscent of his father, over the left field fence off Bristol Pirates starter Nicholas Economos.
"It was a moment I've been dreaming of," Guerrero Jr. told reporters, through a translator. "I got that first one out of the way and hope many more will come. With my dad's help I feel like I can accomplish that."
Vlad Sr. immediately took to social media to express his sentiment for his son.
Guerrero Sr., who his son is drawing obvious offensive comparisons to, hit 449 home runs during an MLB career that featured the 2004 American League MVP award.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Falcons' Smith: 'Our spirit is not broken' despite costly loss to Bucs
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team