Watch: Jeter says Red Sox fans have 'softened up' on him
During an interview on Tuesday's edition of "Late Night with Seth Meyers," Jeter said Red Sox fans have "softened up" on him since the franchise broke their World Series curse in 2004.
Jeter, the franchise face of the Yankees and a fourteen time All-Star, ended his career on Sept. 28, 2014 with a single against the Red Sox, giving him 3,465 hits across 20 years in the big leagues.
- Machado helps Padres win 8th straight, hang on to slim playoff hopes
- Red Sox officially eliminated, miss playoffs for 4th time in last 5 years
- Rangers back on top of AL West after win in opener over Mariners, loss by Astros
- Twins win 3rd AL Central title in 5 years, will host wild-card series
- Mets eliminated from postseason contention