Luke McCaffrey transferring to Rice
The quarterback transferred from Nebraska to Louisville in February but re-entered the transfer portal after four months with the Cardinals.
"Luke came in last week and decided that this wasn't the place for him," Louisville head coach Scott Satterfield said Thursday. "He wanted to come in and be a starting quarterback."
McCaffrey spent two years at Nebraska, appearing in 11 games with two starts. He completed 57 of 88 career pass attempts for 608 yards with three touchdowns and six interceptions.
The former four-star recruit is the younger brother of Carolina Panthers star Christian McCaffrey and Northern Colorado quarterback Dylan McCaffrey and the son of former Denver Broncos wide receiver Ed McCaffrey.
- USC's Slovis cleared to practice, will enter QB competition with Dart
- AP Top 25: Clemson, Ohio State slip; Penn State jumps to 6th
- Miami's King has shoulder injury, undergoing further evaluation
- 3 takeaways from No. 1 Alabama's narrow win over No. 11 Florida
- No. 10 Penn State rides wild crowd to close win over No. 22 Auburn