Illinois, Missouri schedule 4-game home-and-home series
Illinois and Missouri will be meeting up quite frequently down the road, as the two programs agreed to a four-game home-and-home series stretching from 2026 through 2029, the schools announced Monday.
The series will begin on Sept. 26, 2026 in Champaign, Ill., and conclude Sept. 15, 2029 in Columbia, Mo., with alternating home sites in between.
"We are pleased to re-establish the football rivalry series against Missouri," Illinois athletic director Josh Whitman said. "As our football program advances, it is important that we build our nonconference schedule accordingly. The opportunity to compete against an opponent from the Southeastern Conference and to play a geographic rival like Missouri will be exciting for our players, coaches, and fans. I want to thank Missouri Director of Athletics Jim Sterk and his staff for their collaboration. We look forward to a spirited series."
Sterk seconded Whitman's sentiments in his own statement, declaring his belief that the renewal of the rivalry series will excite Tigers fans.
Illinois leads the rivalry 17-7, however Missouri holds a six-game winning streak in the series with the last win coming on Sept. 4, 2010.
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Wake Forest's Hartman out indefinitely with non-football medical condition
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim
- Report: Big Ten finalizing deal with Fox Sports, CBS, NBC