Pacers' Mahinmi left game vs. Pistons with sore lower back
Starting center Ian Mahinmi left the game in the first quarter with a sore lower back, and did not return. Though the Pacers won 94-82, they subsequently struggled to contain Pistons center Andre Drummond, who finished the game with 25 points and a career-high 29 rebounds.
Mahinmi was shut out of the boxscore in five minutes before leaving the game. A starter for the first time in his career this season, he averaged nine points, 7.3 rebounds, and 1.7 blocks through the first three contests.
With their lone true center on the sidelines, the increasingly smallball-minded Pacers may have to downsize even further.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Report: Westbrook tried convincing Beal to leave Wizards
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles
- Top 25 since '96 Part 1: Counting down the greatest modern NBA players