Watch: RSL coach Petke blasts refs in post-match rant
Real Salt Lake head coach Mike Petke wasn't pulling any punches Saturday following a 1-1 draw against Sporting Kansas City, blasting the referees - with visual aids - in his post-match news conference.
Petke, who was ejected from the sidelines in the draw, was upset that captain Kyle Beckerman was suspended for a red card picked up in the last match for an extended arm.
Petke handed out a pair of photos to the press, one depicting Sporting KC's Ilie Sanchez grabbing a Philadelphia Union player's throat in front of the referees in an earlier match, which he notes did not see any retroactive punishment, and another of one of his players being prevented from breaking away with the ball by a headlock, which drew the brunt of his ire.
He added: "Look at these two pictures. I have two more, but the freaking printer didn't work, so I couldn't print it up. But I'll get you those slides as well."
Petke rounded off his rant with a simple: "Now I'm good."
- FIFA to announce 2026 World Cup host cities in June
- Germany youth international Malik Tillman included in USMNT squad
- U.S. Soccer announces equal pay agreement with women's and men's teams
- French left cries foul over U.S. takeover of blue-collar club Red Star
- FIFA takes on EA Sports video game in soccer's new rivalry