Scherzer exits early with left side discomfort
The Mets said Scherzer is dealing with left side discomfort and that he'll have more tests done Thursday, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com.
Scherzer downplayed the severity of the injury postgame.
"I don't think this is a major strain," the 37-year-old said.
The three-time Cy Young winner also pitched through multiple blisters on his pitching hand over his past two starts, Mets manager Buck Showalter said Thursday, according to DiComo.
Scherzer owns a 2.54 ERA with 59 strikeouts over 49 2/3 innings this season.
- Inside pitching coach Wes Johnson's departure and the Twins' trying week
- Cardinals' Arenado records 2nd career cycle in bizarre fashion
- Report: Scherzer treated prospects to $7K dinner, AirPods after his rehab starts
- Padres release City Connect jerseys to celebrate 'binational fanbase'
- Red Sox reliever made two changes to go from mediocre to elite