Marlins ink Rojas to 2-year extension reportedly worth $10M
The deal is worth $10 million, according to Jon Heyman of MLB Network.
The Marlins had a $5.5-million club option on Rojas prior to the extension, which will keep Rojas in Miami through 2023.
Rojas slashed .265/.322/.392 with nine home runs and 48 RBIs over 132 games for the Marlins in 2021.
The 32-year-old recorded his best season during the 2020 pandemic-shortened campaign when he posted a .888 OPS across 40 contests.
- Minoso, Hodges, O'Neil among 6 new inductees to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Manfred's letter should be call for players to dig in
- Report: Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Seiya Suzuki
- Report: Galvis close to deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
- Daisuke Matsuzaka surprised by Ichiro during retirement ceremony