Yelich gives away 10K tickets to Brewers-Cardinals series
The two-time batting champion and 2018 NL MVP purchased 10,000 tickets to his team's upcoming series against the second-place St. Louis Cardinals to give away to fans, the Brewers announced Wednesday.
"The fans are a big part of what we have accomplished this season," Yelich said in a statement, according to ESPN's Jesse Rogers. "We want American Family Field to be rocking for that last homestand. And we want to give back in a way that shows how much we all appreciate the enthusiasm and support of the best fans in baseball."
The tickets for the four-game series, which runs Sept. 20-23, were available on a first-come, first-served basis (four-ticket limit) beginning Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET. The tickets had all been claimed by 1 p.m.
Yelich and the Brewers lead the NL Central with an 89-56 record, 13 1/2 games ahead of the Cardinals.
- Riley lifts Braves past Dodgers in Game 1 of NLCS
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS
- Astros' Garcia removed in 2nd inning of Game 2 with knee injury
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- Report: Mets unlikely to hire Brewers' Stearns, Athletics' Beane