Hamelin makes history with 5000m relay gold in final Olympic race
Short track speedskater Charles Hamelin cemented his place among Canada's greatest Olympians with a gold medal in the men's 5000m relay Wednesday - the final race of his remarkable Olympic career.
Hamelin now has six career Olympic medals, tying him with long track speedskater Cindy Klassen as Canada's most decorated Winter Olympian. He also matched sprinter Andre De Grasse as Canada's most decorated male Olympian.
Additionally, Hamelin owns four gold medals, tying him with women's hockey stars Hayley Wickenheiser, Caroline Ouellette, and Jayna Hefford for most gold medals in Canadian history.
The 37-year-old Hamelin broke his own Olympic short track record as the oldest medalist in history. He's also the first male short track speedskater to win a medal at five different Olympics.
- Wemby Watch: Assessing the Spurs rookie's impact at the All-Star break
- Kane: Would've been 'tough to say no' if Blackhawks wanted me for life
- Saints' Allen: Carr will do 'exceptionally well' in Kubiak's system
- McClung: LeBron would 'probably beat me' in Slam Dunk contest
- 6 biggest questions heading into 2nd half of NBA season