Nothing can dampen the never-ending nature of transfer talk. Here's a look at the wildest rumors making the rounds this week.
Manchester United are reportedly admitting defeat in their long-standing chase for Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, according to the Daily Star. The two sides are reportedly at "loggerheads" over the German side's roughly €120-million valuation. Loggerheads. Avoid them at all costs.
As a result, United are again linked with Juventus winger Douglas Costa, Atletico Madrid whiz Joao Felix, and Real Madrid outcast Gareth Bale. Spanish rag Marca adds that Real are hopeful United will make a formal inquiry for Bale, who has two years left on a €12-million-a-year deal.
Shifting to Arsenal's suddenly busy first team, The Sun says Paris Saint-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel has ruled out a move for tantrum-thrower Matteo Guendouzi, while ESPN UK's Julien Laurens reports that Arsenal remain front-runners for Lyon's €60-million rated Houssem Aouar.
PSG were keen on Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin, though the loan move for Roma's Alessandro Florenzi would seemingly rule that out. In step is Barcelona, with Sport saying they're considering a loan for former La Masia stud Bellerin, who was quite effective on Saturday against Fulham.
On the heels of the high-profile swoop for Brescia's Sandro Tonali, AC Milan eyed another midfield boost in the form of a return for Tiemoue Bakayoko, who remains on Chelsea's books following successive loans with the Rossoneri and Monaco.
Gazzetta dello Sports reports that Chelsea hold firm on their €30-million appraisal of 26-year-old Frenchman Bakayoko, and MilanNews IT claims that Milan may shift their focus to a loan move for Lille's Boubakary Soumare, who has previously landed on Arsenal and Newcastle's radars.
Tottenham's pursuit of attacking reinforcements might come up short. Sky Sports claims Spurs are unlikely to sign Napoli's Arkadiusz Milik, which might be a wise call considering the Italians want €35 million for a player with one year left on his deal. Apparently Watford's Troy Deeney can be had. Great.
Elsewhere, ex-Spurs midfielder and current agent Frederic Kanoute has told the club that highly coveted client Patson Daka is staying put at Red Bull Salzburg, according to the Evening Standard. The Zambian is also linked with Liverpool, the club with three former Salzburg players in the first team.
As Gonzalo Higuain's impending move to Inter Miami nears, Juventus are due to be associated with countless forwards, including Barca's Luis Suarez. Gianluca Di Marzio says Chelsea's Olivier Giroud has agreed to a move in principal to Juventus, speculation the Frenchman's agent has swiftly denied.
TuttoSport reckons Everton striker Moise Kean is pining for a Juventus return after failing to impress at Goodison Park following a €27.5-million move from Turin in August 2019. The Old Lady are also pondering a free transfer for Edinson Cavani should advances for Suarez or Roma's Edin Dzeko dissolve.
Prodigious 19-year-old Wesley Fofana agreed to personal terms on a five-year deal with Leicester City as the Foxes look to assist a central pairing of Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu that aged as well as a wet facecloth left to dry in the sun. There's just one small obstacle.
Saint-Etienne have refused Leicester's €29-million offer, according to L'Equipe, and Fofana admits that Les Verts boss Claude Puel was also resistant to a move for the teen talent. "I will sort it out on my own," Fofano - who's also been linked with Milan, RB Leipzig, and West Ham - said.
The Telegraph says Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, and Aston Villa are eyeing Liverpool forward Rhian Brewster. The 20-year-old, who was stellar on loan at Swansea City, appears to have lost his spot in Jurgen Klopp's squad to Curtis Jones and could be put on the market before the window slams shut.
Tottenham's Danny Rose is languishing in football limbo following a loan at Newcastle, and much like a general sense of happiness, Rose is not part of Jose Mourinho's future plans. No worries, as teamTalk reports that Genoa will beat Cagliari to the 29-year-old's services. Sure, why not?
Sticking with English transactions off the beaten path, the Daily Mail says Burnley are prepping an €8.5-million offer for Mainz forward Robin Quaison, which is a bit short of the Swede's €15-million buyout. Meanwhile, the Clarets have rejected another West Ham advance for James Tarkowski. Exciting stuff.
Finally, Watford director Cristiano Giaretta claims "Italian, English, Spanish, and German clubs are interested" in Gerard Deulofeu, and Football Italia reports that Napoli are the front-runners for the tricky Spaniard, who could leave for as little as €20 million as part of the Hornets' summer yard sale.