Report: Wizards exploring trades for Gortat
Several teams have shown interest in Gortat, but the Wizards don't want to take on any long-term money in return, and have yet to find a deal that would allow them to avoid doing so. Gortat, who turns 34 later this month, is owed $13.5 million next season.
It's unclear whether the Wizards are looking for an upgrade, or simply the salary relief. They're rolling right now - having won five straight games (without John Wall) to pull into a virtual tie for third in the Eastern Conference - so the latter approach would be surprising. Even in a down year, Gortat has been a steady force in the middle, averaging 8.9 points, eight rebounds, and 1.7 assists while suiting up for every game.
The Wizards have reportedly inquired about Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan, but they'd almost certainly have to attach multiple assets to Gortat in order to pry Jordan loose, and it's unclear if they're willing to do so.
- Fox, Hield lead Kings over Lakers in 3OT
- Curry's 32 points help Warriors top Trail Blazers, improve to 17-2
- Bucks outlast Nuggets to extend winning streak to 6 games
- Stroman: I 'would love' to return to Mets but they prefer other pitchers
- Report: Mets land Marte, Canha, Escobar in $124.5M blockbuster day