Stars clinch playoff spot with another romp over Blackhawks
The Dallas Stars are in.
Texas' team clinched a Western Conference playoff berth with a rather convincing win over the division-rival Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
The Stars, who were playing without top center Tyler Seguin, earned the convincing victory thanks to a host of depth players, namely Colton Sceviour, Vernon Fiddler, and Patrick Eaves, who all scored in the first period en route to an early 4-0 lead that would not be relinquished.
The postseason-clinching win marked the fourth time the Stars have beaten the Blackhawks in five meetings this season, with Dallas outscoring Chicago 20-11 in those contests.
It also strengthened the Stars' hold on both the Central Division and Western Conference leads.
Not bad for a team that was on the outside looking in this time last year.
- Canucks' Demko suffers undisclosed injury vs. Panthers
- Flames' Markstrom frustrated: 'I just suck at hockey right now'
- Formenton ineligible for Sens this season after RFA deadline passes
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- Martinook's hat trick helps Hurricanes beat Blues