Report: Canucks 'open for business' with several players available on trade market
The Vancouver Canucks are ready and willing trade partners ahead of the NHL's Feb. 29 deadline.
The team has let it be known that Linden Vey, Matt Bartkowski, Ronalds Kenins, Adam Cracknell, Chris Higgins, Brandon Prust, and Yannick Weber are all available, Bob McKenzie of TSN reports.
Missing from the list are more prominent and attractive trade targets like Radim Vrbata and Dan Hamhuis, both of whom are set to become unrestricted free agents.
The Canucks sit well outside the Western Conference playoff picture with only two games remaining before the trade deadline, and appear to have resigned themselves to the role of sellers.
- Larkin exits after scary scene vs. Sens, Perron ejected for retaliation
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds
- Report: Wild's Brodin to miss significant time due to injury
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters