Report: Subban isn't being shopped, Canadiens not listening to offers
Norm Hall / National Hockey League / Getty

P.K. Subban is apparently staying put.

TSN's Darren Dreger poured cold water on an earlier report suggesting the Montreal Canadiens are gauging the market for the star defenseman.

Related - Report: One team executive says Subban's 'name has come up' on trade market

"P.K Subban isn't going anywhere," Dreger wrote Friday. "He's not being shopped and the Habs aren't calling around to see if there's a market for the $9-million star. And if calls are being received from rival (general managers) hoping to loot the train wreck that's the Canadiens' season, (GM) Marc Bergevin isn't listening."

Subban was singled out by head coach Michel Therrien for a costly error Wednesday against the Colorado Avalanche, and the coach said Subban's "individual mistake cost us the game."

The two were in the spotlight again Friday, and the blue-liner said he feels he's "part of the answer, not the problem."

Related: Subban-Therrien incident remains the talk of the town in Montreal

It's been a nightmare season for the Canadiens, but dealing Subban is reportedly not a priority.

"Perhaps things change in the future - maybe as early as the summer if the Habs continue to slide - but the sense is there will be other changes considered (and likely made) before thinking of moving Subban out of Montreal," Dreger wrote.

The Canadiens have been listening to offers on several other players, including Dale Weise, Tom Gilbert and Tomas Fleischmann, as The Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garioch reported earlier this month.

Dreger reported Thursday that Canadiens forward Lars Eller is available on the trade market.

Comments
Report: Subban isn't being shopped, Canadiens not listening to offers
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox