Turris suffers right leg injury, reportedly traveling with Senators on upcoming trip
Turris had his leg caught, twisted, and rolled up on underneath Casey Cizikas as the two scrambled toward a puck near the blue line in the Islanders' zone.
He was in considerable pain and unable to bear weight after Cizikas landed on him, and was quickly ushered off the ice by teammates and training staff.
The extent of the injury is unknown, though multiple reports suggest he didn't suffer a broken bone, and the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch reports Turris is traveling to New York with the club. The Senators face the Rangers on Sunday.
A more detailed update is expected to come down Sunday, as well.
- Gorton: Canadiens will be transparent if they commit to rebuild
- Getzlaf week-to-week with lower-body injury
- 'When you go up, don't come back': How the Red Wings are building from within
- Hart Trophy Power Rankings: McDavid reigns despite Draisaitl's surge
- NHL weekend preview: Panthers to stay hot vs. Binnington-less Blues